[R-pkg-devel] using @inheritParams in documenting data

Troels Ring tring @ending from gvdnet@dk
Sat Jan 12 14:52:31 CET 2019

Thanks a lot! I stumbled over the RStudio way of producing *.rda files for data sets individually instead of making a *.R file as Hadley writes in the book if I understand it correctly.

It certainly is fun to find out about !!

All best wishes

Troels

Fra: Alexandre Courtiol <alexandre.courtiol using gmail.com>
Sendt: 12. januar 2019 14:28
Til: Troels Ring <tring using gvdnet.dk>
Cc: package-develop <r-package-devel using r-project.org>
Emne: Re: [R-pkg-devel] using @inheritParams in documenting data

Hi Troels,

If you want to create a R package (using roxygen2), I would highly recommend you to read Hadley Wickham's book on the topic.

The book is easy, short, practical and legally free (here: http://r-pkgs.had.co.nz/).

If you follow it step by step, everything should work fine.

For anything not covered by the book, as Dirk said, look for examples of packages you know in GitHub.

++

Alex