[R-pkg-devel] About a need for hooks from R CMD ... commands, and a question

Iñaki Ucar iuc@r @ending from fedor@project@org
Sat Jan 5 00:00:20 CET 2019

On Fri, 4 Jan 2019 at 20:10, Iñaki Ucar <iucar using fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> I see. Then I suggest the following hack (not tested). If the package
> has a vignette, put there a hidden chunk that generates a file with
> info about the branch and the path. This file will be available for
> your configure script, which runs at INSTALL time. There you can,
> e.g., retrieve that branch from a remote repo.

Actually, if there is any vignette, the configure script is executed
during the build process, because R needs to install the package to
build the vignettes. There, you can rely on $OLDPWD to retrieve the
path to the package.

Iñaki