[R-pkg-devel] Fwd: [CRAN-pretest-archived] CRAN submission vioplot 0.3.0

Tom Kelly tomkellygenetic@ @ending from gm@il@com
Wed Dec 26 09:00:38 CET 2018

Dear CRAN maintainers and R package developers,

I am still interested in submitting this update to the "vioplot" package. I
would like to revisit the idea to update this package on CRAN. I think the
changes that I've made here would be useful to a significant number of R
users.

I am submitting to take over as maintainer as this package has been
orphaned for years. I will of course take measures to attribute the
original author and preserve the original LICENSE.

This is a major update with many additional features. This includes fine
control over plotting parameters and formula inputs with documentation on
these parameters. I've added tests and vignettes showing that these work.
However, it does not pass automated checks such as the LICENSE since some
aspects of the original package are very outdated (the additional NOTEs
from the CRAN checks were due to the outdated LICENSE and not being the
current maintainer). Thus a manual review would be required. Otherwise, I
have taken every measure I think is possible to reduce the number of errors
from automated checks and ensure backwards compatibility. These additional
features can be pushed to the repo without disrupting the behaviour of any
existing scripts or packages calling this function.

I realise that the files may since been removed and I would need to
resubmit if it is possible. These can be found at the following GitHub repo:

https://github.com/TomKellyGenetics/vioplot

Kind regards,

Tom Kelly