[R-pkg-devel] Submitting CORELS (Certifiably Optimal Rule Lists) package with/without Windows support

Mark van der Loo m@rk@v@nderloo @ending from gm@il@com
Thu Dec 20 15:36:10 CET 2018

Dear Aditya,

You ask:

|  Am I able to submit this without Windows support, or could somebody help
us with supporting Windows?

The CRAN policy[1] is pretty clear about this:

"Package authors should make all reasonable efforts to provide
cross-platform portable code. Packages will not normally be accepted that
do not run on at least two of the major R platforms."

and also

"It should be normal for those without Windows machines of their own to use
the winbuilder service to check a package before submission. "

Best wishes,
Mark
[1] https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/policies.html