[R-pkg-devel] Issue with package check on Debian, XML issue?

Emmanuel Blondel (GMAIL) emm@nuel@blondel1 @ending from gm@il@com
Sun Dec 16 22:35:51 CET 2018

Dear all, I've received some notice from CRAN to fix issues in geometa
pkg i'm maintaining. I've fixed some issue, and tried to upload a
package package. I've tested the package on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu (64-bit)
/ Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS, and Windows OS. For both, R CMD check goes well.
Here results for Win.

https://win-builder.r-project.org/7ZXV14p14Spe
https://win-builder.r-project.org/RwX93ZPJuMr8
https://win-builder.r-project.org/9O8W7dYJLlOW

I've received pre-archived message here below stating that they are
still issues on Debian.

I receive  2 messages that let me suspect this is due to an issue with
XML package:

Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘XML’:

  .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for ‘XML’, details:

   call: dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...)

   error: unable to load shared object
‘/home/hornik/tmp/R.check/r-devel-clang/Work/build/Packages/XML/libs/XML.so’:

   /home/hornik/tmp/R.check/r-devel-clang/Work/build/Packages/XML/libs/XML.so: failed to map segment from shared object

(this message also appears in this moment for XML package checks
https://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_XML.html)

and

Unknown IO errorfailed to load external entity

Would someone have any idea what could be wrong? I'm stuck on that.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Best,
Emmanuel