[R-pkg-devel] Suggested package relies on recent R

Duncan Murdoch murdoch@dunc@n @ending from gm@il@com
Sat Dec 8 15:36:22 CET 2018

On 08/12/2018 9:28 AM, Hadley Wickham wrote:
> Can you just set _R_CHECK_FORCE_SUGGESTS_=false?
>
> env:
>    global:
>    # don't treat missing suggested packages as error
>    - _R_CHECK_FORCE_SUGGESTS_=false
>
> I am reasonably certain that is what CRAN uses.

Also make sure that examples fail gracefully if the suggested package is
not present, i.e. wrap uses of the suggested package in

if (requireNamespace(...)) { ... }

Duncan Murdoch