[R-pkg-devel] Package update submission to CRAN fails on pretest

Georgi Boshnakov georgi@bo@hn@kov @ending from m@nche@ter@@c@uk
Fri Dec 7 13:46:04 CET 2018

The link you gave, https://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_cNORM.html,
is to the check results for the package currently on CRAN and it is indeed v. 1.0.1
(it is linked from https://CRAN.R-project.org/package=cNORM).

Was this really the link you got from CRAN's pretest? Sometimes they ask if care has been taken about NOTEs/WARNINGs for the current CRAN version, since some tests are not done during submission, but this doesn't seem the case here.

Georgi Boshnakov

-----Original Message-----
From: R-package-devel [mailto:r-package-devel-bounces using r-project.org] On Behalf Of Wolfgang Lenhard
Sent: 07 December 2018 07:55
To: r-package-devel using r-project.org
Subject: [R-pkg-devel] Package update submission to CRAN fails on pretest

Dear list,
I am getting problems when trying to submit an update of the package
cNORM to CRAN. I am developing the package with RStudio and devtools and
I am using Travis for automatic testing. The package is tested locally
on Win10 and Mac OS X and on Travis with Ubuntu and Mac both for
development and release versions of R. All local tests and tests on
Travis work flawlessly - no errors, warning or notes. When submitting to
CRAN, a note and an error show up on some of the Linux OS (Fedora &
Solaris) and Mac OS X, while others display an 'OK' (Win, Debian). The
results: https://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_cNORM.html

- error: This seems to be related to the vignette with the following
message:
> * checking examples ... ERROR
> Running examples in ‘cNORM-Ex.R’ failed
I can however not identify the location of the error

- Note: Check: data for non-ASCII characters

The strange thing is: I checked all data files multiple times. They
mainly consist of data.frames with numerics and all colnames  are ASCII.
I am not able to replicate the issue. The same is true for the error,
which does not show up on Travis and as well locally. And finally, the
results state, that the version of the package is 1.0.1, which had been
the first submission to CRAN a month ago. The current version of the
package is 1.1.1. Could this be the reason for the problem?

Do you have an idea how to progress with the testing or how to locate
the errors? Any help is welcome.

Best regards,
     Wolfgang Lenhard