[R-pkg-devel] Unexpected symbol when checking package examples

Duncan Murdoch murdoch@dunc@n @ending from gm@il@com
Mon Nov 12 14:19:09 CET 2018

On 12/11/2018 7:56 AM, Jared Knowles wrote:
> Thank you so much for the help!
>
> The origin of this mistake was mine - I forgot a ' following a # in my
> roxygen example code - which meant roxygen ignored the closing parens on
> the next line. (See example)
>
> \donttest{
> #' # You can also pass additional arguments to predictInterval through
> REimpact
> #' g1 <- lmer(y ~ lectage + studage + (1|d) + (1|s), data=InstEval)
> #' zed <- REimpact(g1, newdata = InstEval[9:12, ], groupFctr = "d",
> n.sims = 50,
> #'                 include.resid.var = TRUE)
> #' zed2 <- REimpact(g1, newdata = InstEval[9:12, ], groupFctr = "s",
> n.sims = 50,
> #'                  include.resid.var = TRUE)
> #' zed3 <- REimpact(g1, newdata = InstEval[9:12, ], groupFctr = "d",
> breaks = 5,
> #                 n.sims = 50, include.resid.var = TRUE)
> #' }
>
> Thanks everyone for the help. I never would have found this mistake
> without this list.

Perhaps roxygen should try parsing the code it inserts as examples.  It
can probably give a better error message than R could, since it knows
which .R file it's looking at when the problem happens.

Duncan Murdoch