[R-pkg-devel] Version number in check_results

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd @ending from debi@n@org
Thu Nov 8 14:26:24 CET 2018

On 8 November 2018 at 07:21, Lisec, Jan wrote:
| [short version]
| Is the depicted 'Version' in the CRAN package check results page referring to the version of the uploaded package?
|
| [long version]
| Due to changes in a suggested package I had to update my own and fail to get it pass the CRAN check_results step (while locally not even a Note remains in Rcheck).
| Particularly I am worried about an ERROR for Flavor r-oldrel-windows-ix86+x86_64. However, if I understand it correctly than this error occurs for version 1.0 of my package on CRAN while I try to upload version 1.1. How do I proceed? Do I need to/can I fix the previous version first? Should I reply to the rejection e-mail stating that the error is not fur the current version? Or do I misinterpret something here?

You fix 1.0 by replacing it with an improved 1.1.

And sometimes we can't.

With excellent help from James and Simon for the macOS side, I just worked
reasonably hard to get RProtoBuf down from three 'ERRORS' to one, but one of
those is on 'macOS oldrel' and my strategy to fix that one is to ... wait til
April for this release to die away.

CRAN gives us limited hooks, and things can be frustrating to debug and
check. The RHub helps a lot (and I managed to take care of the Slowlaris
issues that way) but the situation is of course far from perfect.  But we all
have limited resources and time so this may not change any time soon.

Dirk