[R-pkg-devel] R graphics 'text' package 'adj' parameter order wrong incorrect reversed?

Jim Lemon drjimlemon @ending from gm@il@com
Wed Sep 19 01:33:56 CEST 2018

Hi Simon,
I think the conventions of typesetting are to blame. Think of an
invisible box around the text being displayed.
__________________
|Left justification          |
meaning that the text _starts_ at the left of the field and is to the
right of the text position specified
|        Right justification|

meaning that the text _ends_ at the right of the field and is to the
left of the text position. Can't do the top and bottom justification
this way, but I think you get the idea.

Jim