[R-pkg-devel] Submission to CRAN when package needs personal data (API key)

Gábor Csárdi c@@rdi@g@bor @ending from gm@il@com
Fri Sep 7 14:08:25 CEST 2018

On Fri, Sep 7, 2018 at 12:29 PM Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd using debian.org> wrote:

> On 7 September 2018 at 09:27, Gábor Csárdi wrote:
> | When are users running tests for packages at all? The tests are by default
> | no even installed with the package. The only time I usually do this is when
>
> Which some people consider to be the wrong decision by testthat.

How is testthat related to this? When you `R CMD INSTALL` a package,
AFAICT it does not install the test by default. Independently of what
testsuite you use.

> Base R has a set of functions
>
>    tools::testInstalledBasic
>    tools::testInstalledPackage
>    tools::testInstalledPackages
>
> so that an _installed_ package can be tested.  Unless, of course, it uses
> testthat.  Matt Dowle just run into this (per a question on StackOverflow).
> RUnit, on the other hand, supports this.

I am probably missing sg, but is this expected to run the Rcpp test suite?

tools::testInstalledPackage("Rcpp", types = "tests")

Because it takes 1ms to run and has no output.

Gabor

[...]