[R-pkg-devel] Submission to CRAN when package needs personal data (API key)

David Hugh-Jones d@vidhughjone@ @ending from gm@il@com
Fri Sep 7 08:18:25 CEST 2018

On Fri, 7 Sep 2018 at 01:16, Duncan Murdoch <murdoch.duncan using gmail.com>
wrote:

> When packages delete tests just for CRAN, the quality of the repository
> suffers.  Users should be able to check an install by running the tests
> that passed on CRAN and seeing them pass on their system as well.

In my limited experience there are usually tests that can't run on CRAN
 because they take too long, rely on external software or configuration
that is absent, or just fail on CRAN only (which is naturally hard to
debug). This seems normal, and having the ability to turn off some tests is
useful. The fact that multiple workarounds have evolved to do this suggests
that the need is widespread.

> --
Sent from Gmail Mobile