[R-pkg-devel] How do I prevent macOS from attempting to build my package?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd @ending from debi@n@org
Tue Sep 4 17:18:55 CEST 2018

On 4 September 2018 at 17:07, Uwe Ligges wrote:
| Disclaimer for this field in general (as others are listening, too): we
| should always try not to use it alt all and produce cross platform code.

It would be nice if the CRAN system was more open so that contributed builds
could be used. With my Debian hat on I have at times "cheated" by packaging a
library so that Kurt would have it on the Debian machines he uses. But I have
no means to influence Simon's machine, nor the option to have my package
built or tested elsewhere for that particular OS.

| In your specific case: You can try to ask Simon or discuss this on
| R-devel so that most R-core members will read this, too.

Posted to r-devel.

Cheers, Dirk