[R-pkg-devel] can't reproduce cran-pretest error

J C Nash profjcn@@h @ending from gm@il@com
Thu Jul 26 21:51:10 CEST 2018

I think several of us have had similar issues lately. You might have seen my posts on reverse dependencies.
It seems there are some sensitivities in the CRAN test setup, though I think things are improving.

Last week I submitted optimx again. I don't think I changed anything but the date and some commentary
in documentation files. The pre-test was much better than before, but still had two "complaints". One of
these was an "ERROR" of the type "non-convergence -- please choose a different minimizer" (in mvord)
and the other was a "WARNING" since my new package (optimx) subsumes the functionality of several other
packages, including optextras, so the functions from that were now masked, as might be expected. This
was in surrosurv.

However, I did follow protocol and report these false positives, but have had no response from CRAN
team. Nor any response to previous msgs about 2 months ago. I suspect some volunteer overload, but
if that is the case, I would hope the CRAN team would ask for help. I know there are several of us
willing to help if we can. And the new functionality does fix some actual bugs, as well as providing
improvements. Without renewal, particularly for infrastructure packages, R will decay.

Cheers, JN