[R-pkg-devel] Running R CMD CHECK on different architectures

Duncan Murdoch murdoch@dunc@n @ending from gm@il@com
Thu Jul 19 17:51:47 CEST 2018

On 19/07/2018 10:20 AM, Stuart Lacy via R-package-devel wrote:
> I've just submitted a new release of my package multistateutils to CRAN
> but have received an automated email back asking if I've fixed the
> errors from the previous release. Firstly, why was the previous release
> accepted onto CRAN if it had errors?

Iñaki answered your main question.  For this first question, there are
several possible explanations.  The most common one is that the tests
have become more stringent than they were at the previous submission.
It's also possible that there has been a big enough change in R or one
of the compilers or other tools that something that worked before no
longer works.