[R-pkg-devel] Reverse dependencies - again

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd @ending from debi@n@org
Mon Jul 16 14:11:01 CEST 2018

On 11 July 2018 at 10:00, J C Nash wrote:
| 2) Is it time to consider an effort to provide online revdep checking
| that would avoid pressure on CRAN team directly and would provide
| clearer indicators of the issues raised by a particular package?

That is very close to my R Foundation Summit talk a week ago in Brisbane.

To aid CRAN, we need (at least) better tools (to make running reverse
dependencies easier), and we also need better aggregation of results across
tests and time, ideally in a way that makes it possible for CRAN to access
these results, ideally also trust them, and hence save time.  While we all
get possibly even wider test coverage.

I would try to help in building this. But I am not sure we can do it without
input from CRAN about what would help them.

Dirk