[R-pkg-devel] structure of R package

Τόλης Χαλκής toli@@ch@l @ending from gm@il@com
Tue Jul 10 15:48:25 CEST 2018

Dear all,

this period i am working on a gsoc project. We develop a c++ library with a
R interface using Rcpp and we plan to submit it to CRAN. We use the default
Rcpp package structure in a folder /root/R-proj. The c++ headers files are
into a folder /root/include outside the R-proj folder. In /root/R-proj/src
we have he .cpp main file and in makevars we include all the files from
/root/include.

The package can be installed successfully without any problem but if we run
devtools::check() in /root/R-poj , it returns an error because it seems
that it is not able to see files outside R package main folder which is
/root/R-proj.

Question: Is this ok or we have to change our package structure and add
include folder into /root/R-proj?

Thanks in advance,

Tolis.