[R-pkg-devel] Determine subset from glm object

Charles Geyer ch@rlie @ending from @t@t@umn@edu
Sun Jul 8 17:48:27 CEST 2018

I need to find out from an object returned by R function glm with argument
x = TRUE
what the subsetting was.  It appears that if gout is that object, then

as.integer(rownames(gout$x))

is a subset vector equivalent to the one actually used.

I do also have the call to glm (as a call object) so can determine the
actual subset argument, but this seems to be not so useful because I don't
know the length of the original variables before subsetting.

So now my questions.  Is this idea above (using rownames) OK even though I
cannot find where (if anywhere) it is documented?  Is there a better way?
One more guaranteed to be correct in the future?

--
Charles Geyer
Professor, School of Statistics