[R-pkg-devel] compilation flags WARNING

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd @ending from debi@n@org
Thu Jul 5 22:43:59 CEST 2018

On 5 July 2018 at 22:19, Göran Broström wrote:
| Thanks Heather and Iñaki: I understand.
|
| I have an old Makevars file in the src directory of the package.  I
| guess I can set the flags there?

No, because those get scanned by R CMD check and friends.

For the one you do not want, Heather's suggestion was spot. Supply a new
(cleaner) system-wide default.  Those values are not checked.

I sometimes do the opposite and add (what would be "non-portable") options in
~/.R/Makevars to make very noisy builds quieter etc.

| Now it only contains
|
| # PKG_CFLAGS = -Wall
| # PKG_FFLAGS = -Wall -fbounds-check
| PKG_LIBS = $(LAPACK_LIBS) $(BLAS_LIBS) $(FLIBS)

As we said no issues as nothing not allowed by R here.

Dirk