[R-pkg-devel] win-builder 3.3.3 libcurl error + NOTE

Tyler tylermw at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 19:21:51 CET 2018

This is more likely an issue with the win-builder server than an issue with
3.3.3, as I uploaded a prior version of my package that previously (in
January) had a clean check and it returned the same NOTE. I believe this
error stems from GitHub discontinuing support on Feb 22nd for the
cryptographically weak TLS 1.0 & 1.1 protocols and only supporting
connections with the TLS 1.2 protocol.

https://githubengineering.com/crypto-removal-notice/

This could probably be fixed with upgrading/updating the SSL software on
the win-builder server (to whatever version the 3.4.4 and 3.5.0 servers
have).