[R-pkg-devel] rgdal not available for checking

Pascal Title pascaltitle at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 09:50:14 CET 2018

Hi,

I'm working on submitting an update to an existing R package to CRAN. I've
tested it with R CMD check --as-cran and it passes with no errors, warnings
or notes.

But there is an error currently on the check results page for the current
version, which you can see here:
https://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_envirem.html

The error is only for the r-release-osx-x86_64 platform, where the problem
is "Package suggested but not available for checking: ‘rgdal’".

I'm not sure what the problem is, as rgdal is a package on CRAN, and I
can't seem to reproduce this problem on the different platforms that I have
run R CMD check on, which as mac osx, ubuntu and win-builder. I imagine
that the same problem will crop up with the updated version of the package.

I've googled the error message, and it looks like there are many R packages
with the same issue.

Any suggestions for how to deal with this would be great. I could rewrite
parts of my R package to avoid the use of rgdal in the examples, but that's
working around the problem rather than addressing it.

thanks!
-Pascal