[R-pkg-devel] Alignment of Function Arguments For PDF Manual and HTML

Dario Strbenac dstr7320 at uni.sydney.edu.au
Thu Mar 1 06:00:12 CET 2018

Good day,

If I have a function definition in the Usage section of an R documentation file (file name ending in .Rd) that requires two or more lines to specify, can I format it so that the first letter of the first variable on the second and subsequent lines is aligned with the opening bracket of the function in the PDF manual created by R CMD Rd2pdf and has the same appearance in the HTML page shown in RStudio? I notice that if I align the text for a particular output format, it doesn't look aligned in the other. The package I am developing is a part of Bioconductor, so I can't modify options to Rd2pdf.