[R-pkg-devel] vignette with third party software

Dominik Leutnant leutnant at fh-muenster.de
Mon Feb 26 15:03:46 CET 2018

Dear all,

We'd like to submit an update of the "swmmr" package to CRAN, which interfaces the rainfall runoff model SWMM from the US environmental protection agency.
The package also includes three vignettes which demonstrate how to run the external model from the R command line.
Within the vignettes, the locally installed SWMM model is executed. Of course, the model is not available on CRAN. My question therefore is:

How can we pass the incoming checks although processing the vignettes would fail?

Thanks in advance!
Best,
Dominik

Dominik Leutnant M.Sc.

Muenster University of Applied Sciences
Department of Civil Engineering
Institute for Infrastucture·Water·Resources·Environment (IWARU)
WG Urban Hydrology and Water Management
Corrensstr. 25
FRG-48149 Münster, Germany

Tel.:  +49 (0) 251/83-65274