[R-pkg-devel] author field in description problem

William Revelle lists at revelle.net
Sun Feb 25 23:49:06 CET 2018

Hi,

I am trying to take advantage of the Authors at R: field in my description file for the psych package to add an ORCID address (as discussed in the R journal).

When I R CMD check with R development on my Mac, or with win builder it passes all checks. (R Under development (unstable) (2018-02-23 r74298)  )

But, when I test with current R on a Mac or at win builder it throws a note:

Author field differs from that derived from Authors at R
  Author:    'William Revelle [aut, cre] (<https://orcid.org/0000-0003-4880-9610>)'
  Authors at R: 'William Revelle [aut, cre] (0000-0003-4880-9610)’

Is there a way to fix this or should I just go ahead and submit to CRAN with a note saying that it works on R development but gives a note on R 3.4.3 ?

The offending line in the Description file seems to be

Authors at R:  person("William", "Revelle", role =c("aut","cre"), email="revelle at northwestern.edu", comment=c(ORCID  = "0000-0003-4880-9610") )

Thanks for any suggestions.

Bill

William Revelle		   personality-project.org/revelle.html
Professor			          personality-project.org
Department of Psychology www.wcas.northwestern.edu/psych/
Northwestern University	   www.northwestern.edu/
Use R for psychology         personality-project.org/r
It is 2   minutes to midnight   www.thebulletin.org