[R-pkg-devel] CRAN submission: Packages accepted if they run on two major R platforms

Carmen M. Livi carmen.livi at ifom.eu
Fri Feb 16 17:59:05 CET 2018

Hi all,

I am new here and have a question regarding package submissions:

"CRAN Repository Policy" states that "packages will not be accepted that
do not run on at least two major R platforms".

My package runs on MAC and Linux. So I assume that I can submit my
package without configuring it for Windows.

- Can I therefore ignore the "R CMD check" results from winbuilder after
submitting the package?
- Or is there a way to force the submission just on MAC and Linux machines?

Thanks,
Carmen