[R-pkg-devel] configuration failed on win-builder

Carmen M. Livi carmen.livi at ifom.eu
Thu Feb 15 19:45:02 CET 2018

Hi all,

when submiting my R-package to CRAN I get the following error from the
windows machine:

* installing *source* package 'spp' ...
./configure.win: 2: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")
ERROR: configuration failed for package 'spp'
* removing 'd:/RCompile/CRANguest/R-devel/lib/spp'
In R CMD INSTALL

The package I am submitting is using a configure file.
I have a "configure" script generated with autoconf that reads
configure.ac (for linux) and configure.win (for windows).
It works fine on linux.

Looking at the error it seems (to me) that win-builder tries to execute
configure.win instead of configure.
Has anyone faced a similar issue? Any idea what is going on?

Thanks,
Carmen