[R-pkg-devel] Depreciate Function

Rami Krispin rami.krispin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 16:38:14 CET 2018

 Hello all,

I am trying to depreciate functions and replace them with a different
function in the new version of the package, using the Depreciate function
which triggers warnings during the package submission to CRAN. For example,
I am replacing the function seasonal_ly with the function ts_seasonal using
the following method:

   - export both of the functions
   - aliases seasonal_ly
   - pass the arguments of the new function to the old function and use the
   Depreciate function to trigger a warning about the depreciating of the
   function and the name of the new function.

The code is available over here:
https://github.com/RamiKrispin/TSstudio/blob/master/R/ts_seasonal.R

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance!