[R-pkg-devel] Working with R-devel

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Jan 24 03:20:03 CET 2018

I am going in circles here and have lost my way. I used to have means to
build R-devel (still do) and use it for local testing (no longer do).

 - Fresh build of R-devel
 - One entry in .libPaths()
 - I can install Rcpp, it ends up in that .libPaths()
 - I can load
 - With the _exact same settings_ starting R as R CMD check ... I fail on

   ** preparing package for lazy loading
   Error : package ‘Rcpp’ was installed by an R version with different internals; \
   it needs to be reinstalled for use with this R version

which is both false (see above) and irritating.

Does anybody have any tips, working guidelines or interpretations of the ever
changing manuals (which charmingly never document what changes) ?

Dirk

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org