[R-pkg-devel] package dependencies are not available on some check severs

Miao YU yufreecas at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 17:29:58 CET 2018

Hi everyone,

I want to update my package (enviGCMS) and find it can’t pass the check since some imported functions are not available.

Here is the check log: <https://win-builder.r-project.org/incoming_pretest/180110_055122_enviGCMS_050/00check.log>

Those functions are all from imported bioc packages and I have used biocViews: in DESCRIPTION . I also found current version of enviGCMS has some problems related to certain check flavor (https://CRAN.R-project.org/web/checks/check_results_enviGCMS.html).

The main issue would be that the check server just do not have the packages which is actually available on Bioc server such as xcms(http://bioconductor.org/packages/release/bioc/html/xcms.html), MSnbase(http://bioconductor.org/packages/release/bioc/html/MSnbase.html) and faahKO(https://bioconductor.org/packages/release/data/experiment/html/faahKO.html)

As far as I could see, all those packages show a warning or error status on bioc build. Maybe the check servers on CRAN just skip those packages. Could I just import certain functions since the waining and error did not affect my imported functions?

Any suggestions about it? Or I should wait until those imported package passed the check and then submit again?

Thanks,

Miao