[R-pkg-devel] Fixed for messages

Roy Mendelssohn - NOAA Federal roy.mendelssohn at noaa.gov
Mon Jan 8 16:31:56 CET 2018

Hi All:

In tesitng a package on winbuild-devel (but not on release)  I get the following errors or warnings:

> Warning in engine$weave(file, quiet = quiet, encoding = enc) :
>   The vignette engine knitr::rmarkdown is not available, because the rmarkdown package is not installed. Please install it.

There was an email about this a few days ago,  but then,  as now,  it is not clear to me specifically what I need to do where so that I don't get this warning.  Do I need to include rmarkdown in the Suggests,  or do I need to do something specific in the Vignette.  Or is this just a question that winbuild hasn't installed it yet in the development version and I can ignore it for now?

Also I am getting this error (again only in the development version):

> Error: processing vignette 'Usingxtractomatic.Rmd' failed with diagnostics:
> there is no package called 'webshot'

Now I don't explicitly use a package called 'webshot',  but the lines referenced in the error message are:

> require("DT")
> DT::datatable(searchResult)

where "searchResult" is just a list.   DT itself does not explicitly import "webshot" either.

I would like to submit this package,  but I don't want to submit with any errors or warnings. Again,  I only get these on winbuild-devel.

Thanks for any help.

-Roy

**********************
**********************