[R-pkg-devel] File name error

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Dec 21 13:03:06 CET 2017

Cristine,

On 21 December 2017 at 08:21, Blume Christine wrote:
| I also had troubles with debian (Fedora only gave warnings)

May I ask you to be a little more careful in your attribution?   Yes, it is
too that the instance labeleb 'r-devel-debian' gave you an error.  But that
was not because of Debian, but because _that r-devel instance_ carried a new
test.

So please don't leave sentences hanging (as you now have in several emails)
"failed on Debian" implying a particular flavour (as shipped by Debian)
failed.  It didn't. A [very recent] build of r-devel, instrumented with a new
test, failed for you. It happens to be running on a Debian platform. So
please refer to the failing test platform by its name. Preferably with the
compiler added because there are two each for Debian and Fedora. See eg
https://cloud.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_digest.html

Thanks,  Dirk

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org