[R-pkg-devel] File name error

Blume Christine christine.blume at sbg.ac.at
Thu Dec 21 09:21:19 CET 2017

Hi Cathy,

I also had troubles with debian (Fedora only gave warnings) and no problems with other systems. Mine was related to me writing a file (or rather trying to write) in a working directory other than tempdir (can be retrieved by tempdir()). I now write it to tempdir and then set the old working directory again at the end of the example. Perhaps that is somehow helpful for your case too?

I can highly recommend to test your tar.gz file with the check() function of the rhub package. You can for example run check("pathtoyourpackage", platform = "debian-gcc-devel") or
check_for_cran("pathtoyourpackage", platform = "debian-gcc-devel"), i.e. test your package on debian without troubles.

Best,
Christine