[R-pkg-devel] Lapack: undefined symbol: zgbsv_

Ralf Stubner ralf.stubner at r-institute.com
Mon Dec 18 13:12:33 CET 2017

On 18.12.2017 08:37, Baptiste Auguie wrote:
> What I don't really understand (because of the templating system etc.) is
> why this new routine in Armadillo would be needed at all, when cda does not
> solve banded linear systems. I wonder if a practical workaround would be to
> include a _dummy_ routine with the same name, ugly as that may sound.
> Alternatively, define some compiler macro to tell Armadillo not to use this
> special strategy. Does this sound doable?

Looking at
https://github.com/RcppCore/RcppArmadillo/blob/f20cc71ad6b1c730a79f2e5609733f741172b399/inst/include/armadillo_bits/glue_solve_meat.hpp#L46
t seems to be possible to disable banded matrix strategy using

arma::solve(X, y, arma::solve_opts::no_band)

instead of

arma::solve(X, y)

Alternatively, there is also ARMA_CRIPPLED_LAPACK (c.f.
https://github.com/RcppCore/RcppArmadillo/blob/f20cc71ad6b1c730a79f2e5609733f741172b399/inst/include/armadillo_bits/auxlib_meat.hpp#L4599),
but I have not checked any side effects.

Greetings
Ralf

--
Ralf Stubner
Senior Software Engineer / Trainer

R Institute GmbH
Dortustraße 48
14467 Potsdam

T: +49 331 23 70 81 66
F: +49 331 23 70 81 67
M: +49 162 20 91 196

Mail: ralf.stubner at r-institute.com

Sitz: Potsdam
Register: AG Potsdam HRB 27966 P
Ust.-IdNr.: DE300072622
Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Dr. Karl-Kuno Kunze