[R-pkg-devel] Problem enhancing a package with a predict method not declared to be an S3 method

Chris Brien Chris.Brien at unisa.edu.au
Mon Dec 18 13:18:32 CET 2017

Dear all,

I had realized that they were internal functions.

However, I was conjecturing that the maintainer intends for them to be employed by package users and that use of the ':::' operator might be acceptable in these circumstances.

It appears not and I have modified my package to remove all occurrences of ':::'.

Thanks to all for your comments,

  Chris