[R-pkg-devel] vignette leaflet Mac

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 18:03:37 CET 2017

On 14/11/2017 10:44 AM, Berry Boessenkool wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a vignette (URL below) with
>
> leaflet(geoIndex) %>% addTiles() %>%
>          addCircles(~lon, ~lat) [...]
>
> that produces the following warning on solaris and osx:
>

> Error in re-building vignettes:
>
> Warning in engine$weave(file, quiet = quiet, encoding = enc) :
> Pandoc (>= 1.12.3) and/or pandoc-citeproc not available. Falling back to R Markdown v1.
> Warning in normalizePath(f2) :
> path[1]="./webshot339b5b6a34d4.png": No such file or directory
>

> I have no access to Solaris and OSX. How can I go about fixing this?
> The warning started to appear with the last package update, but the vignette was not changed...

Do you list Pandoc (>= 1.12.3) and pandoc-citeproc in your
SystemRequirements?  That's about all you can do.  I think that version
of Pandoc is not available on Solaris (or at least on the Solaris
machines that CRAN tests on).  It is available on MacOS.

When you submit an update, mention the issue as you discuss your
response to existing errors in CRAN tests.

Duncan Murdoch