[R-pkg-devel] issues with SOfun - package upload

LUCA BELMONTE luca.belmonte at unimore.it
Wed Nov 8 17:01:23 CET 2017

Good evening,

I am trying to upload my package, called PdPDB 2.0.
When building and checking the package with R-studio with --as-cran option
selected, everything looks ok but, once I tried to upload the package to
CRAN I had the following reply:

*"Strong dependencies not in mainstream repositories:*
*  SOfun*
** checking package namespace information ... OK*
** checking package dependencies ... ERROR*
*Package required but not available: 'SOfun'"*

I understand the issue it with SOfun that is a package I downloaded and
installed from this github url: https://github.com/mrdwab/SOfun

I came back to CARN policies and I have read:

*"Packages on which a CRAN package depends should be available from a
mainstream repository: if any mentioned in ‘Suggests’ or ‘Enhances’ fields
are not from such a repository, where to obtain them at a repository should
be specified in an ‘Additional_repositories’ field of the DESCRIPTION file
(as a comma-separated list of repository URLs) or for other means of
access, described in the ‘Description’ field."*

So, I updated the DESCRIPTION file as follows:
Additional_repositories: http://news.mrdwab.com/install_github.R

Before to proceed to submission, I would like to know if this is the right
way to proceed or I misinterpreted the submission procedure.

Thank you for reading this email,

Luca Belmonte, PhD

Dept. Life Sciences,
University of Modena and Reggio Emilia