[R-pkg-devel] Semantic versioning and maintenance releases

Shivaram Venkataraman shivaram.venkataraman at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 22:28:54 CEST 2017

Thanks for all the replies. I can see that the monotonic ordering is
in-built to support the latest / best version model that CRAN has. That
said it would be great if the policy could be relaxed to allow uploading
older versions which don't necessarily become the "best" version.
Then we could ask users to use versions[1] and run something like do
`install.versions('mypackage', '1.6.3')` if they really want to be in the
1.6.x series.

Thanks
Shivaram

[1] https://github.com/goldingn/versions