[R-pkg-devel] Add appveyor in package with RcppGSL dependency

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Oct 22 23:36:08 CEST 2017

On 22 October 2017 at 18:37, Julio Trecenti wrote:
| We are trying to add CI to this package
| https://github.com/brsantos/baquantreg.
|
| We are trying to do add appveyor to work with our package based on @stewid
| solution here: https://github.com/stewid/SimInf.
|
| However, our shell knowledge is limited and we did not manage to do it.
|
| Would you have any thoughts on this?

>From the top of my head:

  i)   Download the prebuild GSL library CRAN uses for Windows and install
       it on test machine
  ii)  Set the LIB_GSL environment variable that RcppGSL's src/Makevars.win
       et al expect and depend upon
  iii) Use the same mechanism in your package

That should be doable, with some work and elbow grease.  Now, RcppGSL also
shows nine reverse-depends.  The sources for all these packages are visible
via GitHub (search using the 'user:cran' constraint to limit it to the CRAN
mirror under GitHub user 'cran').  Did you check whether one of these nine
uses appveyor?  (The RcppZiggurat package is mine and it doesn't as I usually
cannot be bothered the fight the windmills presented by non-Linux CI.)

Dirk

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org