[R-pkg-devel] Help with Devtools Error

Adrian Cunningham adrian601 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 05:38:26 CEST 2017

Hello,

I hope that this email finds you all well. Any help with the following
error messages that I am getting when I run devtools::check() on my
package would be greatly appreciated. I think that it is a Namespace
error - but when I try to export my function, it doesn't pass the
install check of the devtools check.

Thank you in advance!

* checking examples ...
** running examples for arch 'i386' ... ERROR
Running examples in 'MDSPlot-Ex.R' failed
The error most likely occurred in:

> base::assign(".ptime", proc.time(), pos = "CheckExEnv")
> ### Name: PlotMDS
> ### Title: PlotMDS
> ### Aliases: PlotMDS
>
> ### ** Examples
>
> PlotMDS()
Error in PlotMDS() : could not find function "PlotMDS"
Execution halted
** running examples for arch 'x64' ... ERROR
Running examples in 'MDSPlot-Ex.R' failed
The error most likely occurred in:

> base::assign(".ptime", proc.time(), pos = "CheckExEnv")
> ### Name: PlotMDS
> ### Title: PlotMDS
> ### Aliases: PlotMDS
>
> ### ** Examples
>
> PlotMDS()
Error in PlotMDS() : could not find function "PlotMDS"
Execution halted
* checking PDF version of manual ... OK
* DONE

Best,