[R-pkg-devel] referring to a package data object by two names

Berry Boessenkool berryboessenkool at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 9 14:36:51 CEST 2017

Another approach, maybe overkill / not thought through:

latestLandmark <- function()
 {
 files <- dir(file.path(system.file(package="yourpackage"), "data"),
              pattern="landmark", full.names=TRUE)
 env <- environment()
 dataset <- load(tail(files, 1), envir=env)
 return(invisible(get(dataset, envir=env)))
 }

landmark <- latestLandmark()

Regards,
Berry