[R-pkg-devel] r-quantities seeking feedback

Iñaki Úcar i.ucar86 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 17:25:33 CEST 2017

Dear all,

Edzer Pebesma and I are combining forces into a new GitHub
organisation called "r-quantities", to which we have moved the CRAN
packages 'units', 'errors' and 'constants'. The idea is to write a new
package called 'quantities' to integrate 'units' and 'errors' into a
comprehensive solution for dealing with quantity values + uncertainty
calculus.

Given that a significant fraction of R users, both practitioners and
researchers, use R to analyse measurements, we believe that the R
community would benefit from such a project. Moreover, to the best of
our knowledge, there exists no such an integrated and automated
framework outside the R language.

We would like to share a proposal [1] to be submitted to the R
Consortium before October 15. Until then, we kindly invite the R
package developers to review it. Any feedback or contribution would be
very helpful.

[1] https://github.com/r-quantities/proposal

Regards,
Iñaki