[R-pkg-devel] tibbles are not data frames

J C Nash profjcnash at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 01:21:56 CEST 2017

Duncan's observation is correct. The background work to the standards
I worked on was a big effort, and the content was a lot smaller than R,
though possibly similar in scope to dealing with the current question.
The "voting" was also very late in the process, after the proposals
were developed, discussed and written, so more a confirmation of a
decision than a vote to do some work.

On the other hand, I do think such effort has to be made from time to
time. On this particular matter I don't feel well-suited. However, the
collective body of material that is R is mostly a result of those of us
who are willing to put out the effort, particularly R-core members.

JN