[R-pkg-devel] tibbles are not data frames

David Hugh-Jones davidhughjones at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 12:21:39 CEST 2017

These replies seem to be missing the point, which is that old code has to
be rewritten because tibbles don't behave like data frames.

It is true that subclasses can override behaviour, but there is an implicit
contract that the same methods should do the same things.

The as.xxx pattern seems weird to me, though I see it a lot. What is the
point of inheritance if you always have to convert an object upwards before
you can treat it as a member of the superclass?

I can see this argument will run...

David