[R-pkg-devel] How to fix R CRAN submission check warning: cannot load without being on the library search path

Zhenke Wu zhenkewu at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 22:23:57 CEST 2017

Hi all,

I have submitted my package via CRAN submission page but had the following
error that I couldn't fix. It has something to do with package 'rrcov'. On
my machine (OSX), rrcov is installed. How can I make the CRAN package
checking server install 'rrcov'?

Thanks!
Zhenke

** checking loading without being on the library search path ... WARNING
Error: package or namespace load failed for 'baker' in loadNamespace(i,
c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]]):
 there is no package called 'rrcov'
Execution halted

It looks like this package has a loading problem when not on .libPaths:
see the messages for details.
** checking use of S3 registration ... OK
** checking whether the package can be loaded ... ERROR
Error: package or namespace load failed for 'baker' in library.dynam(lib,
package, package.lib):
 DLL 'rrcov' not found: maybe not installed for this architecture?
In addition: Warning message:
S3 methods 'T2.test.default', 'T2.test.formula', 'Wilks.test.default',
'Wilks.test.formula', 'Wilks.test.data.frame', 'Wilks.test.matrix',
'PcaClassic.default', 'PcaClassic.formula', 'PcaHubert.default',
'PcaHubert.formula', 'PcaLocantore.default', 'PcaLocantore.formula',
'PcaCov.default', 'PcaCov.formula', 'PcaProj.default', 'PcaProj.formula',
'PcaGrid.default', 'PcaGrid.formula', 'LdaClassic.default',
'LdaClassic.formula', 'Linda.default', 'Linda.formula', 'LdaPP.default',
'LdaPP.formula', 'QdaClassic.default', 'QdaClassic.formula',
'QdaCov.default', 'QdaCov.formula' were declared in NAMESPACE but not found
Execution halted
** DONE