[R-pkg-devel] Write and print Fortran commands yields Note in R CMD check

Stefan McKinnon Høj-Edwards sme at iysik.com
Thu Sep 14 15:20:57 CEST 2017

Dear all,

I am in the process of preparing a R-package that uses Fortran subroutines,
and upon R CMD check (both local and on win-builder), I receive the
following Note:

File 'Siccuracy/libs/i386/Siccuracy.dll':
  Found '_gfortran_st_write', possibly from 'write' (Fortran), 'print'
    (Fortran)
    Objects: 'converters.o', 'mutate_chips.o', 'plink.o'

I use the write command in two ways: 1) writing to a file, and 2)
convert a numeric value to a string.

For 1), it is the usual 'write(unit=int, fmt) vars'.

For 2), the 'write(nChar,*) ncol' is required for integer 'ncol' and
character 'nChar'.

These instances are the only occurrences of 'write' and 'print'. Can I
ignore this Note?

Kindly,
Stefan McKinnon Høj-Edwards
ph.d. Genetics