[R-pkg-devel] CRAN submission never published

Jacob Long jlongrc at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 13:02:28 CEST 2017

I noticed my package, jtools (
https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/jtools/index.html), didn’t
increment its version number on CRAN after my most recent update. I
initially didn’t give it much thought, assuming I must have forgotten to
change it prior to my submission. Looking back through my records, though,
I now see that I did increment the version number but something odd
happened in the submission process.

The version on CRAN (0.5.0) says it was updated on 8/8/2017. My email
records show I submitted 0.6.0 on 8/29/17 and got the following
confirmation after about 15 minutes:

“Dear maintainer,

thanks, package jtools_0.6.0.tar.gz is on its way to CRAN now.

Best regards,

CRAN teams' auto-check service”

Now it does look like when I submitted it in the past, I would receive an
email a day later from Uwe Ligges informing me the Windows binary had been
built and was headed to CRAN. I never received that follow-up for the
8/29/17 submission nor any other kind of follow-up.

Any idea what happened with that update? I’ve submitted a new update about
12 hours ago and received the same “on its way to CRAN now” message though
it still hasn’t published to CRAN yet either. This is still in the normal
window of time that CRAN can take to push an update to the public-facing
servers, but given what happened with my previous update I wonder if I’m
making some kind of rookie mistake (I’ve published 4 other updates without
issue previously).