[R-pkg-devel] Rcpp.package.skeleton -- Rcmd check --as-cran Windows

Peter Clifford [peter.clifford@stats.ox.ac.uk] lesshaste at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 11:21:45 CEST 2017

R version 3.4.0 and 3.4.1 with Rcpp 0.12.12 Windows 7.

Trying to fix persistent "Found no calls to: 'R_registerRoutines',
'R_useDynamicSymbols'" problem, when running Rcmd check --as-cran.

Eventually gave up with my own package and tried the simplest possible case
using Rcpp.package.skeleton("test") with defaults, i.e. the hello_world
example.
That works fine with Rcmd build test and Rcmd check test_1.0.tar.gz, but if
I try Rcmd check --as-cran test_1.0.tar.gz I get the NOTE:

File 'test/libs/x64/test.dll':
  Found no calls to: 'R_registerRoutines', 'R_useDynamicSymbols'

It is good practice to register native routines and to disable symbol
search.

I don't whether there really is a registration problem and if there is, how
to fix it.

I'd be grateful for suggestions. Thanks.