[R-pkg-devel] CRAN upload and prechecking confusion

Johannes Graumann nonsense at graumannschaft.org
Thu Aug 24 09:28:22 CEST 2017

Hello,

I'm trying to submit a new version (0.10.2) of my package
(multipanelfigure) to CRAN and have received the following email:

> Dear maintainer,
>
> package multipanelfigure_0.10.2.tar.gz does not pass the incoming
> checks automatically, please see the pre-test at:
> <https://win-builder.r-project.org/incoming_pretest/170824_085724_mul
> tipanelfigure_0102/00check.log>
>
> Current CRAN status: ERROR: 1, OK: 10
> See: <https://CRAN.R-project.org/web/checks/check_results_multipanelf
> igure.html>

This is confusing. What's the deal breaker?
The 2 Notes (which are timing issues related to drawing grid graphics)
or
the Error on x86_64-apple-darwin15.6.0 which is based on the fact that
gridGraphics is unavailable for that platform and even more
confungsingly seems to be based on the former version (0.9.0) of the
package ...

Thanks for any hints.

Sincerely, Joh