[R-pkg-devel] package dependencies not detected?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Aug 16 14:31:56 CEST 2017

On 16 August 2017 at 12:51, peter dalgaard wrote:
| > On 16 Aug 2017, at 11:11 , Berry Boessenkool <berryboessenkool at hotmail.com> wrote:
| >
| > if a function in a package uses graphics::legend in the code, but does not import it in the namespace, shouldn't there be a warning in the check?
| >

| Er, no... Importing into a namespace is used to avoid the graphics:: qualifier. This is conceptually different from having a dependency.

Exactly, but IIRC we get warnings on packages not listed in Suggests: which are
accessed via '::'.  And that need for a Suggests: goes away for a base package.

Otherwise Peter's reminder is entirely correct. You can do _either_ an
  importForm("graphics", "plot", "legend") in NAMESPACE (which I have done)
or use the explicit
  graphics::legend
you have.

Dirk