[R-pkg-devel] mistake in submission of MODIStsp

Lorenzo Busetto lbusett at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 08:58:29 CEST 2017

In case you're interested,  the "final results" of CRAN checks on MODIStsp
were the following
(https://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_MODIStsp.html):

- Builds on Debian, Linux and Windows didn't catch the missing import
problem
and completed with no NOTES

- Builds on Solaris, Fedora and OSX identified the problem it and issued a
NOTE.

HTH,

Lorenzo

On 13 August 2017 at 23:17, Lorenzo Busetto <lbusett at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your answer. I'll proceed as suggested.
>
> Concerning the checks, besides my own check on windows 10, both the
> submission to winbuilder:
>
> (https://win-builder.r-project.org/T7H7Nd2vH7Rh/00check.log)
>
> and a travis-ci run on linux:
>
> (https://travis-ci.org/lbusett/MODIStsp/builds/263772681)
>
> didn't catch the issue.
>
> Lorenzo
>

> On 13 August 2017 at 22:27, Uwe Ligges <ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de>
> wrote:
>

>> On 13.08.2017 15:19, Lorenzo Busetto wrote:
>>
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>>      I recon I did a mistake in my recent submission of v 1.3.3 of
>>> package
>>> MODIStsp.
>>>
>>> As you can see from the current check results at
>>>
>>> https://cran.rstudio.com/web/checks/check_results_MODIStsp.html
>>>
>>> , I am obviously missing an import call for package "gWidgetsRGtk2"
>>> ​ in NAMESPACE​
>>> . I'm sorry about that.
>>>
>>> On this topic, I have two questions:
>>>
>>> 1) How should I proceed to submit a patched version ? Do I need to wait
>>> for
>>> all checks to be completed or
>>> ​should
>>> I start a
>>> ​re-
>>> submission already ?
>>>

>> Ideally wait one or two days to see whether this is the only problem,
>> then resubmit.
>>

>> 2) Although this was obviously a mistake on my side, to avoid similar
>>> problems in the future I was wondering why the checks I did on windows
>>> locally (with as--cran option active) and with winbuilder (on r-devel),
>>> and
>>> on linux with travis-ci (also with as--cran option active) didn't catch
>>> the
>>> problem. Are there different check settings active on the different